Friday, 25 November 2016
This term we have been learning all about the Marae. We have learned that…….
- The Marae is an important focal point for the community.
- The Marea is a place where tradition and customs can be carried out.
- The Marae is a place where people can express their values with dignity.
- There are many kawa ( protocols) that prevail on the marae.
- Marae kawa (protocols) can differ between maraes and iwi.
We have focussed on some key concepts when doing this learning.
These are listed and explained in the table below.
give the meaning of these concepts in your own words.
the correct procedure custom way
the Pōwhiri is the welcomingceremony on the marae
are the local people who are connected to the marae
visitors to a marae
gives you a home base on a marae
relationship sense of family connection belonging
care for a person well being this in includes the respect given to elders
See this video for an explanation of the roles and responsibilities of people on a marae.
Something I would like to learn more about the marae is going on a marae
Posted by Unknown at 10:39